Ni-Ro-Pe to receive NASS Medallion AwardPosted:
Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis to present National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) Medallion Award to Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi of Cardi's Furniture
Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi will be honored by Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis at the State House for their commitment to voter education and participation, as well as philanthropic contributions
PROVIDENCE, RI -- On Thursday, October 31st at 11:00 a.m. at Meeting Street in Providence, Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis will recognize Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi for their outstanding service and dedication to furthering the mission of the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) within Rhode Island, through voter education and participation and philanthropic contributions, which have significantly enhanced the quality of life for Rhode Islanders.
"The Cardi Brothers reflect the mission, purpose and objectives of NASS, and promote the same ideals and dignity and stature that NASS has come to represent over the years. It is my pleasure to honor these fine men for their community service, charitable contributions to our community, and dedication to improving the quality of life for all Rhode Islanders," said Mollis. "The Cardi brothers have generously used their position as the chief executives of Rhode Island's largest home furnishings chain to support our work."
According to Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis, the Cardi brothers' achievements include the following:
• Participating in a voter registration campaign for the past three election cycles
• Hosting statewide voter registration drives at their flagship store, on the final day to register to vote, prior to every primary and general election
• Use advertising to encourage voter registration and turnout
• Host polling places at their flagship store during last year's primary and general election
• Lent their prestige to the 2013 Civic Leadership Awards ceremony as keynote speakers
• Assisted us in promoting the grand opening of our new Charter Room and Exhibit, which celebrated the 350th anniversary of Rhode Island's Royal Charter of 1663.
• Assisted us in promoting our signature business services event, the "We Mean Business" expo.
• Help organizations, which provide clothes for needy children, fight hunger and promote literacy.
"Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi are determined individuals, committed to serving their community, and I am honored to present them with this year's NASS Medallion Award for their exceptional work," said Mollis.