Clearing the Deck - NFL Week 11Posted:
Clearing the deck for a Sunday afternoon full of surprises in week 11...
* Thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by the dramatic tornadoes in the Midwest Sunday.
* With that having been said, the Bears OT victory over the defending Super Bowl Champion Ravens despite a two-hour weather delay with those tornado warnings and playing with a backup QB is a good thing on a bad day.
* There's no doubt the Saints (23-20 winners over SF) and the Seahawks (41-20 over Minnesota) are the class of the NFC at this point.
* Don't look now, but the Cardinals are just as good (record-wise) as the 49ers at 6-4.
* Hello roller coaster: the Giants have now four in a row and are now just a game out of first place after stating the year 0-6. Who are they behind? The 6-5 Eagles and 5-5 Cowboys.
* Congratulations Texans' fans, your team has now lost eight in a row after getting beat by Matt McGloin (3 TD's) and the Raiders in Houston. Oh yeah, Matt Schaub is back as your QB. Ouch!
* Maybe the Jets should have spent more time practicing that playing at Dave & Buster's in Buffalo this weekend.
* That's two in a row in Tampa.
* Not even a win over San Diego will squash the bad bullying vibes in Miami.
* Just when you thought the Lions were progressing, they give up nearly 400 yards of offense and 4 TD's to a previously struggling Ben Roethlisberger.
* Do you think Aaron Rodgers should ask the Packers (0-3 without Mr. Discount Double Check) for a raise?