- CW Home
- CW Weather
- CW Sports
- CW Contests
THE PROVIDENCE RINK AT THE BANK OF AMERICA CITY CENTER OPENS FOR THE 2013/2014 SEASON
PROVIDENCE – It's time to plan for the start of 2013's ice skating season! The Providence Rink is scheduled to open on Wednesday, November 27th at 4pm, weather permitting. If it is raining on Wednesday, our opening day will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28th at 4pm.
"It is a pleasure to kick off a new season of family fun at the Providence Rink at the Bank of America City Center," said Mayor Angel Taveras. "I invite every Rhode Islander to visit downtown Providence, enjoy a day of ice skating and take part in all our Capital City has to offer."
Regular hours of operation during the week are Monday through Friday, 10am until 10pm and Saturdays and Sundays 11am until 10pm. The skating rink is open on all winter holidays.
General admission is $7 for adults, $4 for seniors, $4 for children (12 and under), and $4 for military. Skate rentals are $5 and skate sharpening is $7, available Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm to 8pm. Purchase a season pass for $150 adult, $250 family of four, $90 children and seniors, $90 Lunch Special weekdays 12pm to 2pm, and $90 After-Work Special weekdays 4pm to 6pm. Special rates are available for birthdays, school groups, business and social groups, and for full ice rental for private events. Visit www.providencerink.com for details and to make your reservations.
We have exciting events taking place at The Providence Rink at the Bank of America City Center this skating season:
• Tree Lighting, December 7th from 5:30 to 7pm. Ice will be closed for public skating during the event. Join Mayor Taveras for the ceremony!
• Toy Drive for Toys for Tots, December 8th from 11am-4pm. Bring a toy and you will receive $2 off admission! Toys must be new – no need for wrapping paper.
• The New England Dairy Farmers "What Makes Christmas Magic?" Tour, December 15th from 11am to 2pm. Free hot chocolate for ice skaters plus a chance to win fantastic Must be The Milk and Got Milk? giveaways!
• Girl Scout Cookie Booths will be rink-side on select weekends in January and February!
We also feature Learn to Skate lessons and weekly price specials during the season.
• Learn-To-Skate six-week session begins December 7th with sessions running through February and March. Drop-ins are welcome! Open House on November 30th, from 9:30-10:30am.
• College Night, every Wednesday from 6 pm until 10pm. Admission for college students is $5 with a valid college photo ID and skate rental is $5. Look for Zipcar promotional events during the season!
• Lunchtime Special, every weekday from 12noon until 2 pm. Admission is $5 and skate rentals is $5.
• After-Work Special, every weekday from 4 pm until 6 pm. Admission is $5 and skate rentals are $5.
Look for more special events and promotions for the upcoming season by visiting our Events Calendar at www.providencerink.com, The Providence Rink on Facebook, or Twitter @ProvidenceRink.
Weather closures and closures for special events can be found on the Home page of our website online and listed on our phone menu at 401.331.5544 x4.
For more information about The Providence Rink at the Bank of America City Center, please visit www.providencerink.com or call 401.331.5544.