Partnership for Providence Parks to Hold 2nd Annual Winter/Spring Parks AcademyPosted:
Partnership for Providence Parks to Hold 2nd Annual Winter/Spring Parks Academy, January 28 – May 1, 2014
PROVIDENCE, RI – The Partnership for Providence Parks will soon hold its Parks Academy 2014, a series of free workshops to provide technical assistance and support to those caring for Providence's parks, treescapes, and green spaces. Workshops include:
• Creating or Updating a Vision for your Park
• Working with Volunteer Groups and Managing Service Projects
• Using Social Media and the Web: What's New and Relevant?
• The Basics of Group Sustainability: Grant Writing, Fund Development, and Board Development
• Fitness in your Park
• From Darkness to Light
• Planning and Promoting a Performing Arts and Play Event in Your Park
• Community Gardens
• Transform Your Vision Into an Action Plan
• Promoting Play in your Park
• Urban Refuges
• Oral Histories of our Public Spaces
Registration information and schedule are available at www.providenceparks.org.
The Partnership is grateful to the many community partners who facilitate and host these workshops: Providence Parks Department, RISD, Providence Healthy Communities Office, Providence Department of Art, Culture + Tourism, Providence Children Museum, Greater Providence YMCA, East Side/Mt. Hope YMCA, Providence College Annex, US Fish & Wildlife (RI Refuges), Serve Rhode Island, Johnson and Wales University, The Rhode Island Foundation, Southside Community Land Trust, Friends of Corliss Park, Elmhurst Clean and Green, and more. Thanks to the National Environment Education Fund, Capacity Building grants are available to Providence park groups who attend workshops to take and implement an idea from the workshops.