- CW Home
- CW Weather
- CW Sports
- CW Contests
There's more snow on the way for Southern New England. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for all of Rhode Island as well as Bristol County (MA) for Tuesday.
Here's the updated full release from the NWS:
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS
* LOCATIONS...RHODE ISLAND.
* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...WHICH MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES.
* TIMING...INTO THE EVENING HOURS.
* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOW IS POSSIBLE AT TIMES...WITH REDUCTIONS IN
VISIBILITY AND SLIPPERY CONDITIONS. THIS HEAVY SNOW MAY BE
FALLING DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW AND/OR ICE IS
FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE AFFECTED AREAS...BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE
EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. ANY SNOW OR ICE WOULD RESULT IN SLIPPERY
CONDITIONS ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS AND SIDEWALKS. WHEN
TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW FREEZING...MOTORISTS NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY
CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHERE SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY
Click here for the latest on the Winter Storm Alerts.
Click here for latest LIVE radar and alerts, powered by Bling Eyewear.
Click here for the latest real-time list of school closings, delays, parking bans and cancelations, powered by The Stork's Nest Child Academy.