Providence City Hall Extends HoursPosted:
Providence City Hall Announces New Extended Hours to Better Serve Residents
PROVIDENCE, RI – The City of Providence today announced a new schedule of extended hours at City Hall that will keep key offices open until 7 p.m. during the times of the year they experience peak traffic.
"As Mayor, I am committed to making sure that Providence City government is accessible to working families," said Mayor Taveras. "This new calendar of extended hours is designed to better help residents conduct city business after the workday ends."
The updated schedule of extended hours aims to better serve City residents by more closely aligning extended hours for individual offices with times the services experience high demand. Examples include longer hours for the Tax Collector in the days leading up to quarterly tax collection deadlines and extended hours for the Board of Licenses in advance of the annual liquor license renewal deadline.
Previously, the offices of Board of Canvassers, Board of Licenses, Tax Assessor, Tax Collector, and Vital Statistics held extended hours on the first and third Wednesdays of each month.
The following offices located in Providence City Hall will be open until 7 p.m. on the following dates this year:
• Tax Collector (quarterly tax collection): April 22, 23 and 24
• Board of Canvassers (candidate filing period): June 24
• Tax Collector (quarterly tax collection): July 22, 23 and 24
• Board of Canvassers (primary election voter registration): August 8
• Board of Canvassers (general election voter registration): October 3
• Tax Collector (quarterly tax collection): October 22, 23 and 24
• Board of Licenses, Tax Assessor and Tax Collector (liquor license renewals due December 1): November 19, 20 and 24
Updates to the extended hours schedule will be posted to the City website, http://www.providenceri.com/ .