The CW Providence Generic Contest Rules
Prize pickup is weekdays 9:30am - 5pm at our station located at 275 Westminster Street in Providence, RI. Click here for directions.
The CW Providence Generic Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in WLWC-TV contests, entrants must be residents of United States who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WLWC-TV viewing area of Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
2. Employees of OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WLWC-TV (the “Station”), participating sponsors, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per qualified email address per round unless otherwise noted.
(b) Viewers can log onto http://thecwprov.com to complete the online entry form with your name, email address and phone number in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) All entries must be received contest dates. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Winners will receive specific prizes for specific contests.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Prizes will be picked up at Station, located at 275 Westminster Street, Providence, RI.
2. Winner will be notified by email or phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which will be signed and returned within two (2) days of notification at the time winner claims prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Failure to reply as confirmation will result in forfeiture in prizes.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) business days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility and claim their prize, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered. Contestants of this contest can only win once during this contest period.
7. OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC is not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 275 Westminster Street, Providence, RI, 02903 and on the Station’s website at http://thecwprov.com .
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 275 Westminster Street, Providence, RI, 02903 by date specified by each contest.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. OTA Broadcasting (PVD), LLC, participating sponsors, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Contests ended in the past 30-90 days:
Nurse of the Month Contest (April) - winner announced April 29
Mother's Day Contest - winner announced May 8
Monster Jam Contest - winner announced June 5
Antonio's Pizza Contest - winner announced July 17
Block Island Ferry Fridays Contest - final winner announced August 18