Raimondo on latest RI economic data
Raimondo's Statement on Rhode Island's Economic Data
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Governor Gina M. Raimondo Thursday released the following statement on the announcement of the state's latest economic data.
"Today's jobs and unemployment report reflects both the progress our state has made and the lingering challenges we have to confront to ensure that everyone can 'make it in Rhode Island.' 5.3 percent is RI's lowest unemployment rate since August 2007. Change won't happen overnight, but I'm encouraged by the momentum we have.
"In order to keep making progress, we have to provide opportunity for all Rhode Islanders; that means continuing to:
• Strengthen neighborhood schools,
• Help Rhode Islanders build the skills that matter so that they can compete for the jobs of the 21st century economy,
• Prepare high school students for college and career,
• Make college more affordable for more families, and
• Support recent college graduates with student loan forgiveness and first-time home buyer support."
(release from Governor's Office)